Our Semi-Automatic Drum Tongs allow drums to be picked up from the overhead vertical position via a forklift truck (yoke required) or slung beneath an overhead crane hook. This makes the ideal drum handler for when drums are inaccessible for lifting from the side.
When the lifting tongs are positioned over the drum, a manual release lever will allow for the drum lifting tongs to locate and lock underneath the lip of the drum, allowing for safe and secure drum lifting. Re-setting of the lever when the drum is positioned back on the ground, allows the drum lifting tongs to unlock and release their grip of the drum
Our range of drum lifting tongs can come supplied with either 500kg lifting capacity or heavy duty 1000kg lifting capacity and suitable for either 210 litre steel drums or 210 litre plastic mauser drums
With a mild steel construction, the drum lifting tongs are painted in high gloss yellow for added visibility, and like all our forklift attachments, come supplied fully tested and certified for compliance with the latest Health & Safety Regulations.
• Grips drums under the top lip reduces investment as this drum lifter will suit most drums
• Single lifting eye on top for forklift truck use or crane use, allowing flexibility through use of different plant machinery
• Lightweight construction allows drum lifter to be easily handled, reducing labour time
• Positive gripping to drum ensures drums can be picked up safely and easily, reducing manual handling costs & increasing Health & Safety
• ‘CE’ marked and supplied with Certificate of Conformity to meet Health & Safety Regulations
Need another attachment? View our Lifting Equipment range here.
If you have any questions relating to this product or any in our range then please call 0330 043 3747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be on hand to discuss your requirements, lead times, delivery options or simply advise on the most appropriate equipment for your needs.